2333 was built at Kilmarnock at the Andrew Barclay Sons & Co. works and delivered to the Millom Ironworks on the River Duddon estuary in Cumberland in January 1953.
After being sold privately for preservation it was sent to Steamtown, Carforth in 1971 where it was nicknamed David and steamed regularly at weekends to haul passengers.
On being resold to the Walker family of Millom, it moved to the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway in March 1978.
David is smaller and lighter than some of the other locomotives, and so is now used for piloting duties and on off-peak service trains.
As of the summer of 2020 the locomotive was operational.