This locomotive was built by the Andrew Barclay company in 1904 and was delivered new to S J Claye Ltd at Long Eaton in Derbyshire.
S J Clave manufactured and repair of railway waggons. In 1937 the business was acquired by Charles Roberts & Co. Ltd who was a rival waggon builder.
The locomotive appears to have spent time in preservation at the Lavender Line but is now based on the Whitwell & Reepham Railway in Norfolk.
The locomotive last steamed in 2012.
A restoration fund has been established at the Whitwell & Reepham Railway to pay for the restoration of the locomotive.
|945 at Whitwell & Reepham Railway – October 2011|