1245 was built at Kilmarnock by Andrew Barclay in 1911 for Carron Iron Company at Falkirk where it was given the number 14.
t worked there until 1947 when it was transferred to the company’s Coke Ovens site at Bannockburn.1245 was built at Kilmarnock by Andrew Barclay in 1911 for Carron Iron Company at Falkirk where it was given the number 14.
1949 its ownership was transferred to the National Coal Boards Bannockburn Colliery, where it continued to work. A major rebuild of the locomotive was undertaken in 1959 at the Alloa Central Workshops.
During the 1960s it worked between the Michael Colliery and Wellesley Colliery in Fife and carried the number 10.
In 1972 the locomotive was retired and sold for scrap to Thomas Muir Metal Merchants. It was moved it to their Thornton yard in Fife for a short while before being put into longer term storage, with four other Andrew Barclay locomotives, at their yard in Kirkaldy.
For the next 30 years the locomotive was totally neglected, until 2004 when, despite its appearance, it was purchased and moved to the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway for restoration.
Work was intensive and after only 19 months it steamed again on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway where it was completed in a Caledonian Blue livery.