2516

2516 in the Swindon Railway Museum - October 1983.jpg

2516, which was built in 1897 at Swindon, is the sole member of the class preserved. It was withdrawn in May 1956 from Oswestry shed. It had spent most of its BR life working from Oswestry but also spent time at Brecon, Llanidloes and also briefly at Reading. When withdrawn in 1956 it was still carrying GWR lettering rather than BR.

In 1913 it was fitted with a Belpaire boiler and in 1935 a superheater.

Home BaseCurrent StatusOwner
National Railway Museum – Swindon Steam Railway MuseumOn static displayNational Railway Museum

NRM Object Number{1978-7021}

2516 at an unknown location in the early 1950s
2516 at Swindon - October 1960.jpg
2516 at Swindon – October 1960
2516 in the Swindon Railway Museum - October 1983.jpg
2516 in the Swindon Railway Museum – October 1983
2516 Steam Museum Swindon - March 2017.jpg
2516 at the Swindon Steam Railway Museum – March 2017

Back to 2301  GWR   Dean Goods  0-6-0

Back to GWR

Back to Locomotives

National Railway Museum Collection