30245 (LSWR 245, SR E245, SR 245 & BR 30245)

30245.jpg

Of the entire fleet of M7 engines which remained in existence, 30245 was the eldest, having been completed at Nine Elms Works in April 1897 (at a cost of £1,400) and withdrawn over 65-years later, in November 1962. As a result, it was selected for preservation as part of the National Collection.

Whilst in service under BR ownership it was employed at Exmouth Junction from 1948 until Moving to Barnstable in May 1952. In December of 1952 it was transferred to Nine Elms where it stayed for nearly a year before moving on to Redhill in November 1953. It returned to Nine Elms in January 1954 and remained there until withdrawn from service in November 1962.

Home Base Current Status Owner
National Railway Museum – York Static display National Railway Museum NRM Object Number{1978-7020}
30245 at York-2013.jpg 30245 at the National Railway Museum at York-2013
30245a.jpg 30245 at the National Railway Museum at York-2016

Back to M7

Back to SR

Back to Locomotives

National Railway Museum Collection