54 Waddon was built at Brighton in 1875 but only ran on London Brighton & South Coast metal for a few years as in 1904 it was sold to the Sheppy Light Railway in 1904 where it was given the number 751.
Following the formation of the Southern Railway in 1923 it was renumbered A751
In 1932 it was taken into service stock at Lancing Carriage Works and carried the number 680S.
It was withdrawn from service in 1962 and fully restored to LBSCR Stroudly livery at Eastleigh before being shipped to Canada as it had been donated by British Railways to the Canada Railway Historical Association. It went on display at Exporail, which is a Canadian Railway Museum, in the suburbs of Delson and Saint Constant near Montreal. It is the oldest vehicle in the museum which also houses 60010 Dominion of Canada.
This locomotive was given a Marsh A1X boiler but not the extended smokebox and remained classed as A1 although not in its original A1 condition.
In the early summer of 2005 it underwent cosmetic restoration.
In 2018 the Canadian Railway Historical Association started a review of its collection and there were indications that the locomotive might be disposed of along with A4 pacific 60010 Dominion of Canada.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Canadian Railway Museum – Exporail||On static display||Canada Railway Historical Association|
- 82 Boxhill (LBSCR 82 Boxhill, LBSCR 682 & SR 380S)
- 32636 (LBSCR 72 Fenchurch, SR B636, SR 2636 & BR 32636)
- 32640 (LBSCR 40 Brighton, IoW W11 Newport, SR 2640 & BR 32640)
- 32646 (LBSCR 46 Newington, LBSCR 646, Iow W2, IoW W8 Freshwater & BR 32646
- 32650 (LBSCR 50 Whitechapel, LBSCR 650, SR B650, IoW W9 Fishbourne, SR 2650, BR DS515 & BR 32650
- 32655 (LBSCR 55 Stepney, LBSCR 655, SR B655, SR 2655 & BR 32655
- 32662 (LBSCR 62 Martello, LBSCR 662, SR B662, SR 2662 & BR 32662)
- 32670 (LBSCR 70 Poplar, Rother Valley Railway 3 Bodian & BR 32670)
- 32678 (LBSCR 78 Knowle, LBSCR 678, SR B678, IoW W14 Bembridge, SR 2678 & BR 32678)