13065 was built at Crewe in 1927.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1948||Belle Vue|
|September 1950||Rose Grove|
It was withdrawn from service at Birkenhead in 1966 and sold to Woodham Brothers scrapyard at Barry where it arrived in June 1967. It remained there until April 1978.
In the mid 1970s a group based at Steamport at Southport sought to raise funds to purchase 42765 but it was the East Lancashire Railway that acquired the locomotive.
It was subsequently restored and ran in black livery as 42765 until 2003 when it was taken out of service for overhaul. It returned to service on the East Lancs Railway as 13065 in LMS crimson livery in 2014.
In 2018 during a routine washout of the boiler it was found that two flue tubes were leaking. This was unexpected as the tubes had only been fitted four years earlier. The cost of the work to resolve the issue was estimated to be £60,000. The East Lancs Railway decided that the best course of action was to take the locomotive out of service for the rest of 2018 and undertake an overhaul which will enable it to have another ten year ticket. The boiler work is being carried out by Riley & Son (E) at Heywood.
The locomotive is not expected to be back in traffic until mid 2020.
In April 2020 it was revealed that the overhaul had suffered a setback with the theft of fittings worth £10,000 in the previous month.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|East Lancs Railway||Under overhaul||East Lancs Railway|