47445 built in1927 by Hunslet Engine Company of Leeds and entered service as LMS 16528.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1948||Crewe South|
|July 1960||Crewe South|
In 1966 47445 was sold to the National Coal Board (subsequently Hargreaves (West Riding) Ltd) for work at British Oak open cast colliery near Wakefield ending its service at Crigglestone in 1970 when and acquired for preservation in June of that year.
By 1970 it was the last LMS built locomotive in revenue-earning service in mainland Britain.
47445 is dismantled and is undergoing restoration in the heavy repair shed at Swanwick Junction on the Midland Railway. It is owned by Derby City Museums and Art Gallery and long term lease to the Midland Railway Trust.
Towards the end of 2018 it became known that the Midland Railway Trust had contracted the Princess Royal Class Locomotive Trust to complete the restoration of the locomotive. In addition, the contract covered the maintenance of the Midland Railway Trust locomotives.
The aim is to have the locomotive in traffic towards the end of 2019. The boiler for 47445 was already being restored at the North Norfolk Railway. The boiler was originally intended to be fitted to classmate 47357 but because this locomotive was discovered to need a new cylinder the decision was taken to fit the boiler to 47445.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Midland Railway Centre at Buttersley||Being restored||
Derby City Museum and Art Gallery
- 47279 (LMS 7119, LMS 7279 & BR 47279)
- 47298 (LMS 7138, LMS 7298 & BR 47298)
- 47324 (LMS 16407, LMS 7324 & BR 47324)
- 47327 (LMS 16410, LMS 7327 & BR 47324)
- 47357 (LMS 16440, LMS 7357 & BR 47357)
- 47383 (LMS 16466, LMS 7383 & BR 47383)
- 47406 (LMS 16489, LMS 7406 & BR 47406)
- 47493 (LMS 16576, LMS 7493 & BR 47493)
- 47564 (LMS 16647, LMS 7564 & BR 47564)