52322 was built at Horwich in December 1895 and entered service the following year as L&YR number 1300 (later LMS 12322 and BR 52322).
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|August 1952||Wigan Springs Branch|
|June 1956||Sutton Oak|
|January 1958||Newton Heath|
|August 1958||Lees Oldham|
It was withdrawn from service at Oldham in August 1960 and purchased privately by a Lancashire civil engineering company (Leonard Fairclough). It was restored as No 1122 at Horwich Works by apprentices and placed on display at White Bear station, Adlington, on the line between St Helens and Blackburn, and remained in the station yard for many years. The station itself had been closed by BR in January 1960.
Following the death of Mr Fairclough the locomotive moved to Steamtown at Carnforth where it was returned to L&YR livery as 1300.
In 1995 it moved to the East Lancs Railway .
In 2003 the locomotive was purchased by Andty Booth.
An overhaul of the locomotive was completed at the East Lancs Railway in July 2008. After suffering a boiler incident due to a low water level in May 2009 the boiler was repaired. A new boiler ten year boiler certificate obtained in 2012 when it was returned to steam again.
It moved to the Ribble Steam Railway in December 2009 where it steamed again before being loaned out for use on heritage railways.
The locomotive which is normally based on the East Lancs Railway spent 2018 on the Spa Valley Railway.
The boiler was lifted off the frames at Bury in the summer of 2020 although the boiler certificate was not due to expire until 2022.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|East Lancs Railway||Under overhaul||Andy Booth|