7714 was built in 1930 by Kerr, Stuart.
It was based at Birkenhead when the railways were nationalised in 1948 and remained there until in moved to Wrexham Rhosddu in December 1958 but was withdrawn from service shortly afterwards in January 1959. It was sold to the National Coal Board (NCB) in 1959 and was used at Penallta colliery.
At the time it was sold to the NCB it had completed 520,259 miles in service.
In 1973 it was bought by the Severn Valley Railway and was first steamed in 1992 after an extensive overhaul. It was withdrawn from service in 2009.
7714 underwent its steam test in July 2016 and the boiler was lifted back onto its frames the following month. The overhaul was completed in November 2016 and 7714 returned to traffic on the SVR.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Severn Valley Railway||Operational||Severn Valley Railway|