80002 was built at Derby in October 1952. It is the only member of the class to be preserved that was not built at Brighton.
Motive power depot allocations.
It spent most of its working life hauling suburban trains around Glasgow before having a couple of years based at Beattock where it was employed on Banking duties.
It was withdrawn from service in march 1967 but was retained for carriage warming duties at Cowlairs until 1969.
It was purchased by the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway Preservation Society and transported to Haworth in May 1969. It is the only existing member of the class which was not saved for preservation as a result of being sent to Barry scrapyard.
It was in almost scrapyard condition when it arrived at Haworth but was operational again in 1972 and ran for a number of years before being taken out of service and fully stripped down. After a full restoration it returned to service again in the 1990s.
It was last withdrawn from service in August 2013 when the boiler certificate expired and placed on static display at Oxenhope.
An assessment of the locomotive was undertaken at Haworth which indicated that it was too expensive to undertake an overhaul at present so it has been returned to Oxenhope where it remains on static display.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Keighley & Worth Valley Railway||
On static display at Oxenhope
|Keighley and Worth Valley Railway Preservation Society|