80100 was built at Brighton in January 1955. It was based on the Eastern Region working on the London, Tilbury and Southend Line (LT&S) working commuter services out of London until that route was electrified in 1962.
It spent time under the management of three different regions whilst in Service with BR. It moved from the Eastern to Western Region in July 1962 and in September 1963 it was transferred to the London Midland when Machynlleth (along with Croes Newtdd and Shrewsbury) were transferred to the London Midland from the Western Region.
Motive power depot allocations.
|November 1962||Croes Newydd|
80100 was withdrawn July 1965 and sold to Woodham Brorhers at Barry for scrap. It arrived in the scrapyard in January 1966 and resided there until October 1978.
It was purchased by the Bluebell Railway and moved onto the railway in 1978 is stored under a tarpaulin in its scrapyard condition. It is likely to stay this way for the foreseeable future or at least until the construction of Standard tank 84030 has been completed.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Bluebell Railway||In scrapyard condition||Bluebell Railway|