80064 was built at Brighton in June 1953 and was initially allocated to the London Midland Region before transferring to Southern Region ownership in December 1959. It was transferred to Exmouth Junction following the electrification of the Kent Coast railway. In September 1963 Exmouth and the area was transferred to Western Region control and so it then transferred to Western Region ownership.
Motive power depot allocations.
|December 1959||Dover Marine|
|June 1962||Exmouth Junction|
|May 1965||Bristol Barrow Road|
80064 was withdrawn from service in September 1965 and sold to Woodham Brothers at Barry for scrap. It arrived in the scrapyard in October 1965 and remained there until February 1973.
Following the purchase by the 80064 Locomotive Fund 80064 was moved to Buckfastleigh on the Dart Valley Railway in 1973 where the long task of restoring was started. 80064 steamed again in 1981.
In 1984 the owners moved the locomotive to the Bluebell Railway where it worked for a number of years until its boiler certificate expired around 1989.
The boiler certificate expired in 1991and 80064 is still awaiting a heavy overhaul with the main issue being the need for copper welding in the firebox.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Bluebell Railway||Static display at Sheffield Park||80064 Locomotive Fund|
|80064 at Sheffield Park on the Bluebell Railway – August 1985|
|80064 near Freshfield Halt on the Bluebell Railway – August 1985 a|
|80064 along with 34023 Blackmoor Vale & 32636 on static display at Sheffield Park on the Bluebell Railway-2012|
|80064 at Sheffield Park on the Bluebell Railway-2017|