910 (NER 910 & LNER 910)

910.jpg

910 is the only surviving locomotive to be designed by Fletcher.

910 was built at Gateshead in 1875 and later became LNER 910 of the E6 class.

It was withdrawn from service in 1925 and restored to NER livery and in this state it was exhibited in the Stockton & Darlington Centenary Procession in 1925. It was then preserved by the LNER and placed in the original railway museum at York which opened in 1928. This early museum was housed in the former erecting and repair shop of the York and North Midland Railway. This building has since been demolished but 910 is now part of the National Collection.

 

Home Base Current Status Owner
Stainmore Railway at Kirkby Stephen On static display National Railway Museum NRM Object Number{1975-7004}
910 in the British Transport Museum at York - July 1972 910 in the British Transport Museum at York – July 1972
910 Shildon 2010.jpg 910 in Locomtion at shildon-2010

Back NER 901 class or LNER E6 class 

Back to LNER

Back to Locomotives

National Railway Museum Collection