9400

9400 was one of the last batch of locomotives built at Swindon in 1947 prior to nationalisation. It was initially allocated to Swindon shed where it remained until November 1955 when it was transferred to Old Oak Common.

The superheated boiler was replaced in 1955 with a non-superheting boiler.

Withdrawn in December 1959 from Old Oak Common shed having completed 251,337 miles whilst in service.

 

Home Base Current Status Owner
National Railway Museum – Swindon Steam Railway Museum On static display National Railway Museum

NRM Object Number{1978-7043}

Back to 9400 class

Back to GWR

Back to Locomotives

 National Railway Museum Collection