This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1925 and ordered by Charles Walmsley & Co Ltd, Atlas Works at Bury. It was delivered new to Northfleet Paper Mill in Kent.
It was a fireless locomotive which means that it had a steam accumulator rather than a boiler and was charged up with steam from a stationary boiler. It had 15 inch x 18 inch outside cylinders and 3 feet driving wheels.
Obviously being a fireless locomotive the lack of sparks would be a great advantage at a paper mill,
The mill commenced production on in 1926 and ceased production in 1973, but the site was taken over by Northfleet Terminal Ltd and rail traffic continued to serve other premises.
The locomotive was presented to the Sittingbourne & Kemsley Light Railway as a static exhibit in March 1979. By 1979 it was the last steam locomotive operated by Bowater anywhere in the world.
The locomotive is on static display at the Sittingbourne & Kemsley Light Railway.