This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay and delivered new in February 1948 to Distillers Co Ltd to work at Barry Docks where it carried the No 1.
It was a fireless locomotive which means that it had a steam accumulator rather than a boiler and was charged up with steam from a stationary boiler. It also meant that there was no chance of it starting a fire.
It had 15 inch x 18 inch outside cylinders and 3 feet driving wheels.
The locomotive was employed at the works of British Resin Products Ltd which had been acquired by Distillers Co Ltd in 1937. The British Resin Products Ltd plant opened in 1946.
The facility was expanded in 1950 following the construction of a new plant at Barry. This resulted in operations at Feltham and Tonbridge being transferred to Barry.. The Distillers chemical plants were sold to BP in 1967.
The locomotive remained in use at the plant until 1986 when rail traffic ceased at the plant.
It was presented to the National Museum of Wales, but it is currently not on public display, stored on the site of the former Nantgarw colliery.