This locomotive was built by Gibb & Hogg in 1898. It was first employed by the Fife Coal Company before moving to National Coal Board (NCB) Fife Area at Loganlea Colliery in Midlothian.
It worked at Loganlea Colliery until 1965 when it moved to Cardowan Colliery where it was used until 1967.
In 1968 after its industrial use it was placed on display in Pittencrieff Park in Dunfermline.
In the mid 1980s it moved to the Summerlee Heritage Park in Coatbridge where initially it was on static display in the open. It has more latterly been moved inside into the main hall of the Summerlee Museum of Scottish Industrial Life.