Gibb & Hog only built about twenty locomotives at the Victoria Engine Works in Airdie.
The firm was established in 1866 as founders and engineers.
It was not until after McCulloch, Sons and Kennedy closed in 1890 and Gigg & Hogg acquired the pattern and drawings that they started to produce steam locomotives. McCulloch, Sons and Kennedy had built a small number of steam locomotives before they closed.
In 1912 the company closed.
|16||1898||No 11||0-4-0ST||Summerlee Heritage Park, Coatsbridge|