No.3 was supplied new by Andrew Barclay in 1937 to the British Aluminium Company at Burntisland, Fife, where the company opened a bauxite reduction works. This locomotive is the smallest of the Barclay standard gauge designs, and its entire working life was spent at Burntisland. It was donated to the Scottish Railway Preservation society in 1989 by the British Aluminium Company.
It is currently at the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway.
In January 2020 it was reported that the locomotive was being cosmetically restored before going on a ten year loan to the Fife Heritage Railway.