This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1940. It was supplied new to the Royal Ordnance Factory at Glascoed, where it acquired its name Drake.
It was later purchased by dealer A.R. Adams of Newport, and sold on to Stewarts & Lloyds Ltd at the Newport Works in 1962,
Stewart & Lloyds Ltd Newport Tube Works later became part of the British Steel Corporation. The facility closed in 1973.
The locomotive was initially preserved by the Dowty Railway Preservation Society at Ashchurch by 1969 it had been moved to the Rutland Railway Museum (now called Rocks by Rail).
The locomotive is now housed in the apartments in Kilmarnock in a building which was formally the offices and workshops of Andrew Barclay Sons & Co Ltd.