This locomotive was built in 1945 by Andrew Barclay and spent its industrial working life at the Newport plant of Stewart & Lloyds. Stewart & Lloyds had acquired the facility in 1943 when they took over the plant from Newport and South Wales Tube Co.
The locomotive then came under the ownership of the National Museum for Wales. It was kept at the Gwili Steam Railway in Carmarthen under the care of the Caerphilly Railway Society. The Caerphilly Railway Society had moved to Gwili in 1996 following persistent vandalism and the vulnerability to theft of its base at Caerphilly.
In 2014 the locomotive was donated to the Pontypool and Blaenavon Railway with the intention that the locomotive be restored. It was thought that it would take five years to restore it.
The locomotive is currently stored on the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway awaiting its restoration.
It was reported in early 2021 that the locomotive would be moving from the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway in January or February of that year. The move took place in March 2021.