This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1949 and was employed as Fife & Clackmannan Coal No 6 working for the National Coal Board (NCB) in the Fife coalfield. It was based at Bowhill Coal Preparation plant in Cardenden before withdrawal in the late 1960’s.
It was then sold for scrap to Thomas Muirs Scrapyard at Easter Balbeggie before being saved for preservation.
After a ten year restoration programme the locomotive steamed again on the Ribble Steam Railway where it returned to traffic in August 2013.
In 2016 it was sold by its private owner and moved to the Cambrian Railway in August of that year.
It is currently operational on the Cambrian Railway.