This locomotive was built in 1949 by Andrew Barclay for the National Coal Board (NCB) and was employed at the Frances Colliery at Dysart in Fife.
In 1972 it was taken out of service with the NCB at Francis Colliery and sold for scrap to Thos Muir at Easter Balbeggie. It was later moved to another Thos Muir scrapyard at Den Road in Kircaldy.
The Industrial Railway Society noted that it was still at the scrapyard of Thos Muir Haulage & Metal Ltd in 2006.
|2262 at NCB Francis Colliery – April 1965|
|Andrew Barclay 2261 & 2262 at Thomas Muir’s Easter Balbeggie scrapyard – June 1993|