4612 was built by the GWR at Swindon Works in 1942.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1948||St Philips Marsh|
|December 1961||St Philips Marsh|
|August 1962||St Philips Marsh|
|June 1965||Cardiff East Dock|
It ended its days working in South Wales, before withdrawal in 1965 and being sent to Barry scrapyard having completed 427,707 miles whilst in service. It was bought by the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway (KWVR) in 1981 for spares for 5775. It (or what was left of it) was then bought privately in 1987 by Elaine and Ray Treadwell and extensively restored, latterly at the Flour Mill workshop in the Forest of Dean. After restoration was completed in 2001, 4612 was moved to the Bodmin and Wenford Railway, which had purchased it, and returned to service in GWR green livery in 2013 following a ten-year overhaul.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Bodmin and Wenford Railway||Operational||Bodmin and Wenford Railway|