This class W6 locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons to work at Ironbridge Power Station where it became Ironbridge No 1. Ironbridge No 2 (Works No 1893) was delivered by Peckett & Sons three years later and Ironbridge No 3 (Works No 1990) in 1940. All three were class W5 locomotives. all were registered to run over the GWR for shunting purposes and all three have been preserved.
Construction of the first Ironbridge Power Station (later to become known as Ironbridge A Power Station) began in 1929, and the first phase was completed in 1932. The full generating capacity of Ironbridge A was not realised until major expansions and the commissioning of extra boilers and generating sets had been completed in 1939. This gave the A Station a total generating output of 200 megawatts.
1803 was sold into preservation at the Foxfield Railway in July 1980 after having been out of service for several years
The locomotive is currently on static display at the Foxfield Railway awaiting overhaul.