This locomotive was built by Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn in 1951 to operate at the Agecroft Colliery where it became Agecroft No 3.
In 1957 the power station passed into the ownership of the Central Electricity Generating Board (CEGB).
The engines became redundant when a conveyor belt was constructed to bring the coal supplies in directly from Agecroft colliery. Its last day of operation at Agecroft was in September 1981.
The locomotive spent many years in preservation on static display at the Museum of the Great Western Railway.
The locomotive is now being restored at Whitwell & Reepham Railway Station in Norfolk.