6697 was built by Armstrong Whitworth of Newcastle (Works No 985) in 1928.
BR motive power depot allocations since 1948.
|January 1948||Leamington Spa|
|April 1960||Dowlais Cae Harris|
|September 1964||Leamington Spa|
|November 1965||Croes Newydd|
It was one of the last two locomotives of the class to be withdrawn in May 1966. Both engines (the other was 5605) were then based at Croes Newydd.
It was purchased by the Bristol Group of the Great Western Society from Croes Newydd (Wrexham) depot in 1966. 6695 went to Ashchurch before transferring to the Didcot Railway Centre in 1970 where it ran until the late 1970s when a flue tube collapsed. It is now on static display at the Didcot Railway Centre.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Didcot Railway Centre||On static display||Bristol Group of the Great Western Society|